Whispering Willow Center for Grief and Loss…
- Helps families to know that they are not alone in their grief
- Provides peer support to children and families who are grieving the death of a special person
- Provides a supportive atmosphere for children and youth to better understand their grief and loss.
- Helps children build and keep memories of the person who died
- Helps children and youth share their grief experience, thoughts and feelings with other peers.
- Helps families to understand that grief is unique for each person
Whispering Willow provides…
- Grief support groups called “Kids Camp” and “Teen Night” for children and youth who have experienced the death of a special person.
- Winter program begins in February
- Spring program begins in April
- Fall program begins in October
- Materials and resources to help families understand the grief and loss experience for children and youth
- Educational presentations to schools, churches, and programs in the community